Sunday, July 26, 2009

Healthy and Plenty to Update

Well it has been two months and I have gone through many changes. I want to just clear up any misconceptions that I keep hearing. I am not doing this for my wedding, although that helps motivate me. I am exercising and eating the right way for me. I have abused my body for many years and now that has changed. It is not a temporary thing, it is permanent. I plan on exercising forever. I don't drink or smoke and I am trying to be healthy in every way.

I would love to get to a weight where I can eat all of what I want to as well. Until then I am eating 90% healthy. When I reach one of my weight goals, which is different than what I originally shot for, I will blog on it. It should happen soon. I have recently started working with weights as well.

A few updates at the two month mark:

My blood pressure my entire adult life ranged from 140/90 to 120/75.
It now ranges from 120/75 to 100/65

My resting heart rate used to be around 90, no lie. It is now ranging from 58-70.

I can't wait to see what my cholesterol is.

And like I said, I will tell you my weight in the next week or two.

EXERCISE THIS WEEK:
Well, the shin/calf muscle on my right leg have not healed. I may have to go to a doctor or something. No worse with rest but no better.

Wednesday I cycled on the stationary bike for 40 minutes.
Thursday I cycled on the stationary bike for 45 minutes.
Friday I cycled on the stationary bike for about 48 minutes.

Pedal hard for 10 seconds, as hard as you can. Then regular speed for 50. Do it again. The entire time.

I read that one.

Yesterday I took a spinning class with Joanna. It was tough because I am not used to standing up on the bike. It was an hour and I did some major sweating but I did not always listen to the woman. My butt is still killing me but a little better I think. Then I went back to the YMCA and rode for another 35 and they threw me out. I thought that they were joking but they close on Saturdays at 3 PM and all day Sunday! Are you kidding me? For 34 bucks a month that is a joke. Plus 30 bucks a month to park there! Closed on Sundays?

Oh well, today I ran 3.1 in 29 with a slight gimp. Damn the right leg pain!

My guilt then led me to an afternoon on the treadmill. I walked with the incline on the ten max, fluctuating the speed. I did it for 50+ minutes and burned 903 calories, so they say. I feel like I burn more on the bike but that is like a third less. I do not buy it.

Nevertheless a productive week. Getting there.

2 comments:

  1. Man dude this is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Kufs,
    I'm so proud of you! We need to go for a run soon.
    Luv ya,
    Your neighbor down the hall in room 108

    ReplyDelete