Monday, July 13, 2009

Race Time Almost Here, Ugh

With the 5K Saturday I hope my shin/knees/calf muscles hold up. Man, my lungs and endurance are ready!

I took a rest last Wednesday and here is my last few days of running:

Thursday: 2 miles in 18 minutes, fast for me. Shins killing me!

Friday: 3.1- a 5K in 28:45...I'll take it. I also got another pair of sneakers at Fleet Feet. Man, on camera I run like an idiot!

Saturday: 6 miles in 66 minutes. Not bad for the distance. And a long walk that evening.

Sunday: 3.1 in 27:50, now we are talking. Shins hurt again though. New shoes old problems.

Today: Came home from school and ran in the sun, 4.6 in 50 minutes. Calf on the right side cramped up in the second mile. Ran thru it. Hurt the whole way. The left knee then started hurting at the top near the 3 mile mark. Ugh!

As far as food with the exception of some Olive Garden once, too many crackers once, a cookie, and potato salad Saturday night, I am golden.

Fruit/light cheese/beans/carrots/salad/hummus/wheat bread/sugar free pudding/cereal/skim milk/yogurt/and a little cheating here and there.

1 comment: