Saturday, July 4, 2009

6.7 MILES! Holy Crap!

Yepper, 6.7 miles in 77 minutes. I know, a very slow pace but all things considered, how exciting? I felt like freaking Forrest Gump! This was Thursday morning. My longest continuous run ever. I like distance better than I ever dreamed.

Yesterday, I ran 1.4 miles at Joanna's pace of 11:30! That is a freaking 7:45 mile, a sprint. She is nuts. I walked the next .6 and finished the 2 miler faster than I normally run it at- with .6 walking! Ha ha ha! We also walked to and from the Fireworks at our lake for an extra couple miles of walk.

Today, Happy 4th. In preparation for our 5K race (3.1 miles) in two weeks we mapped out a 5K course and ran it today. Joanna promised she would set a pace that was good for me. I am typically running 10:30-10:50 miles or more in distances over 3, so I was uncertain as to how it would work.


Well, we ran the 5K in 29:05. It was really windy, I ran some on grass, and still 9:23 mile pace for 3.1!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that is progress- I increased my pace by a full minute a mile! My goal for the 5K is under 28:00 and it might be do-able!

What a productive 3 days!

1 comment:

  1. You need help with that goal let me know. The key is getting in a long run every week and a fast speed work run everyweek. Followed by a mix of easy runs and rest. Great job on this...I was kinda stagnant and this gives me some inspiration again!

    ReplyDelete