Friday, July 17, 2009

Tomorrow We Race

Tomorrow is the Fillmore 5K, a real race. It's fun because it gives me something to shoot for and think about. That said, losing weight is more the goal than competitive racing, but nonetheless here we go.

This Tuesday and Wednesday I ran 5K (3.1) runs and timed them out. The first alone and second with Joanna. The times were 27.55 and 27.35. This means that I am running an 8:45 mile pace which is significantly better than the 11 minute mile pace I was doing a month ago.

Yesterday I played 7 games of one on one hoops and broke a better sweat than even the runs so I am pleased with the effort. I will give you a weight loss update soon.

Today, no running except for errands. Perhaps some non-choreographed walking and that is it.

Tomorrow, we race. Pacing scares me, I do not want to come out too fast or too slow. Honestly, anything under 28 and I will be pleased. I will not even be disappointed in under 30, because I have no idea what to expect and anything could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment