Tuesday, July 21, 2009

YMCA Member Again!

Well, I joined the YMCA again. Another 30 dollars a month but this time I plan to actually use the facilities. You would think that with my grandpa being the director there from the 1940's to the 1970's I would get a free lifetime membership or something...kidding.

Anyway, the reason is that my left shin and calf are still killing me. Yesterday I ran 2 miles and ouch. I have been limping. Perhaps a stress fracture? So I joined the Y.

I swam for about 4 laps and that is out. I am not a swimmer.

I then biked for about 20 minutes and did a ton of sweating. It killed my thighs but my lower leg problems were fine. I went back tonight and biked more at an easy resistance very quickly for 35 minutes more. I liked it. So there is a chance that in between runs and when my shins need resting that I have the biking option. I also want to use their weights. Mind as well do it all the way, right?

Next blog I will give a weight loss update. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Do you want to blog and train with me for the arc 1/2 marathon in September...

    ReplyDelete