Sunday, July 19, 2009

26:49

26:49, or something like that in the Fillmore 5K in Moravia, NY. Best I have ever done but there certainly is room for improvement. 8:35 minute miles approx., which is again, my best ever.

The run was scary but fun. People were passing me in the beginning but I had to keep my pace. I finished the first mile around 8, but some dude said 7:45 at one point. Come to find out he was not exactly at the first mile.

I felt strong but nervous throughout the race.

It ended with a huge hill and then a 100 yard dash. I wanted to puke after the hill because people were cheering as I went up it. Ugh! Nonetheless I finish and was pleased.

Of course Joanna did very well. Her first race ever at 23:15, she won the 22-30 age range!

I can't wait to run another race.

Oh, this morning, we ran 6.4 miles at a very slow pace (my decision) in about an hour and seven minutes. I ate 4 baked potato skins with some cheddar cheese and that needed to be worked off!

All in all a productive running weekend! The shins and calf muscles were cramped the entire way today though. Oh well, no pain no gain, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment