Friday, June 26, 2009

A Rest Day Really Did Work!

So I took a rest day. I have a little sprain on the ligament that connects the left calf and left hammy on the left side. So I rested it for Thursday after a unsuccessful Wednesday run of 2 or so miles...again!

It hurt terribly Wednesday night and all day Thursday. Friday morning (this morning) it was back to about 90%. It was cool and drizzly and I thought, perfect time to run. I favored the ligament the entire run by keep my strides much slower and avoiding the huge declines and inclines.

When I finished, I ran 4.25 miles in 46 minutes. S L O W...but my longest run yet! And to tell you the truth I could have run longer-at least my brain and lungs though so. My muscles and ligaments were another story, I thought I should rest them a bit!

Oh, and no music. It is better without I think- SOMEHOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment