Sunday, May 22, 2011

9.25 Mile (15K) Sunday Run! Happy Fativersary!

Wow! I felt really good this morning. Really strong. The conditions were perfect and my legs felt good. Overcast, seventy degrees, breezy Sunday morning. So I ran. I mapped it out (see below) and it was 9 and a quarter miles. It took me about 1 hour and 18 minutes or a 8:35 or so pace. Leisurely but still would beat my Mountain Goat time last year. I basically ran a 15K! I feel really good because although Tuesday marks the two-year anniversary of my quest to stop being obese I have not gone out that long since last May.

I usually either go on the treadmill or elliptical for 40+ minutes each day or run 4 or 5 miles. Not over 9! And the winter and spring weather has been so awful that I did not even get outside nearly as much as last year. Today though, I just felt good. I even had a sprint to the finish. Gas left in the tank and all. I guess I am going to be looking for a half-marathon as my summer goal.

Happy Fativersary! It is the two-year anniversary of my exercising every day. I still have not missed a day and although not at my low weight I am still 50 pounds lighter than my high weight of May 24, 2009. Here's to setting goals and sticking with them.

My route:

Head north on Stillmeadow Ln
0.01miContinue onto Kearney St
0.62miContinue onto Mattie St
1.02miTurn right onto Elizabeth St
1.04miHead east on Elizabeth St toward Osborne St
1.06miSlight right onto Osborne St
1.12miTurn left onto Lake Ave
1.23miTurn right onto Owasco St
1.42miTurn left onto Havens Ave
1.56miHead east on Havens Ave toward S Seward Ave
1.62miTurn left onto S Seward Ave
1.91miTurn right onto Walnut St
1.98miHead east on Walnut St toward S Hoopes Ave
2.06miTurn left onto S Herman Ave
2.32miHead north on N Herman Ave toward Ross St
2.4miContinue straight onto Ross St
2.49miTurn right onto N Hoopes Ave
2.81miTurn right onto Franklin St
2.82miHead northeast on Franklin St toward N Herman Ave
3.21miTurn left onto Prospect St
3.25miHead north on Prospect St toward Brister Ave
3.89miTurn right to stay on Prospect St
4.11miTurn left onto NY-5 W/Grant Ave
4.13miHead southwest on NY-5 W/Grant Ave toward Brookside Dr
4.7miTurn right onto McIntosh Dr
5.05miTurn left onto Murray St
5.06miHead south on Murray St toward Norris Ave
5.24miTurn right onto Standart Ave
5.5miHead west on Standart Ave toward Rochester St
5.6miTurn left onto Peacock St
5.78miHead south on Peacock St toward Park Ave
5.82miTurn right onto Park Ave
6.05miTurn left onto North St
6.07miHead south on North St toward Lansing St
6.17miTurn left onto Lansing St
6.22miHead west on Lansing St toward North St
6.28miTurn left onto North St
6.48miTurn right onto Seymour St
6.73miTurn left onto State St
6.76miHead south on State St toward Van Anden St
7.01miTurn left onto Arterial W
7.19miHead east on Arterial W toward North St
7.2miTurn right onto North St
7.38miContinue onto South St
7.66miHead south on South St toward Logan St
8.13miHead south on South St toward Chapman Ave
8.45miTurn left onto Metcalf Dr/White Friars Dr
8.45miHead east on Metcalf Dr/White Friars Dr toward Mary St
8.86miHead east on Metcalf Dr/White Friars Dr toward Kearney St
8.91miTurn right onto Kearney St
9.25miFinish

No comments:

Post a Comment