Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Adventure Begins

Well here we go, my second blogging venture and my fifth running ADventure. Running was a major reason that I did not enjoy sports as a teen, I was that lazy. Seriously, I hated running. Well, fifty pounds later in 1998 I tried my first running stint. It lasted about 2 months and one 5K race at 28 minutes.

I am running 2009 style for a mulitude of reasons.

  1. I have gained about twenty or so pounds since the fall. Darn the new house and always accessible food!
  2. I need to lose weight to properly wear my clothes.
  3. My tight pants are hurting the nerves in my thighs, seriously.
  4. I have a wedding in August and those pictures last forever.
  5. I LOVE FOOD, especially the wrong food and I need to eat what I want to.

So thanks to a motivational talk to a friend and some harsh truths from my fiance's doctor brother, off I go.

I plan on blogging what I did each day for your viewing pleasure...enjoy!

I ate the buffet at the Turning Stone today. Ugh.

I ran about .5 miles. Then I walked about .75

It is a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment